Bicycle route

Bicycle route
My cycle route

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Going 'LIVE'

I've been in full-procrastination mode with regards to getting this blog 'live' - out there for whomever wishes to follow me through the next very interesting nine months or so - because, and as I mentioned in my first posting, tis a daunting task of note putting thoughts onto this bit of electric paper for all and anyone to read and judge. But once the trip is underway, and the posts start rolling in (or out), I won't be giving the slightest of hoots when it comes to thinking about what is being written and what people may think - so there's plenty of 'goodness' still to come, plenty!
 There will be days where the toughness of it all, and the want to just throw it all in will spill through my thoughts and onto this page, but please bare with me then ~ also ~ there will be those days where the joy of being so alive and free will ooze out of every word just trying to explain somewhat how and what I'm feeling: it could be an indescribable sunrise popping out of the Sahara that could either trigger off the "so far away from home" emotional downfall/breakdown - OR - "this is too good to be true" super-high feeling that gets the heart pounding, the smile etched and the want to WHOOP like a crazy-man!

I've got a super long list of things to do, things to get, stuff to sell (anyone want to buy my car: green golf 1 Life 216 000kms, good nik, best car in the world, starts first time everytime - includes handbrake and CD player) and then a host of other bits of random admin, and basically, really, keeping an eye on the clock and date for ETD time!

Getting the pannier bags today. Two 21litre bags that will sit on either side of the rear wheel. Once those are on then I'll be able to judge how much stuff I'll be able to take. The essentials: sleeping bag, tent, gas cooker and pot, passport/s, a hat and pen-and-moleskin-paper.. some citronella oil too. Emirates allows 30kgs - bike is already close to 15 - plus I need space for all the curios people are already asking for... I've told them they're dreaming.. I will have sand from the Sahara though - many a windswept day and sand in the eyes to come.. beautiful!

Great, I am glad I've managed to throw something onto this page. It's something, it's a start and the 'ball' has inched another tad further ~

Now all I have to do is somehow work out how to get this blog out there and known - fortunately I have a number of people really close to me going out there way to assist me in the making this dream come true.

Thank you.

And thank YOU for visiting.

!!
V

No comments:

Post a Comment