Bicycle route

Bicycle route
My cycle route

Sunday, November 21, 2010

"leaving on a jet plane"

Fortunately for you, kind reader/follower, this will be the last posting before the really juicy, with all the nitty-gritty's, have-to-says start coming through. Today, at 19h20, my bicycle (which I hope to have a picture posted on here a little later on) and I will be on a plane headed for a brief stopover in Dubai, to arrive in Casablanca Tuesday afternoon 13h15 local time. Hopefully all my gear, weighing in 37kgs, will arrive without any problems, then hop into a taxi to find some cheapish hotel for the eve, assemble the bike, head out into town to explore, eat something, get a early night's rest and then early the following morning ride out quietly and start heading in a southerly direction, destination unknown..

This is going to be short because I've still got a bit of mad-dashing about sorting stuff out this morning ~ but I would just like to thank everybody for their support and also apologise to those whose calls I've missed and have failed poorly in returning.

If I had to write a last paragraph, this being the one, then I must mention that I am the luckiest man alive. Stefania, thank you! You have no idea!! My parents, as horrible as it is to see them so stressed out about this, I will never be able to thank you enough, for everything. Rob, without you I'd be walking - and Roberta, thank you for reminding me.. and I'm definitely going to be there for my godchild's birth.. with all my might! Marco and Sarah, I love you guys.. grateful that I have a plane to catch in Cameroon.. gonna give me the boost when I need it most! And everyone else, family and friends, thank you and I look forward to re-living this trip with you all upon my return..

Love and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment